Born in the Philippines and raised in Texas, June is the CEO & Partner of Houston-based Goodnight Hospitality which opened two new concepts the 2019: Montrose Cheese & Wine and Rosie Cannonball, a 2020 James Beard Award semifinalist for Outstanding Wine Program and fine dining venture, MARCH, in 2021 which garnered accolades such as Best New Restaurants in Esquire, the No. 2 Restaurant in America in Robb Report’s Best of the Best 2022 and a 2022 James Beard Award semifinalist nod for Best Chef Texas. They will open their fourth concept, high-end intercontinental cuisine driven The Marigold Club in early 2023.
Previously, June was VP of Operations for McGuire Moorman Hospitality, based in Austin, TX, and headed operations for 12 concepts. She remains a partner in the eponymous June’s All Day, named one of Food & Wine magazine's Restaurants of the Year in 2017. In her career June has opened over a dozen hospitality concepts with numerous James Beard Award winners and nominees and Food & Wine magazine’s Best New Chefs.
She is known as a leader in the hospitality community and her personal accolades include: Wine Enthusiast’s Sommelier of the Year 2018; Wine Enthusiast 40 Under 40 2016; Key Panelist at Women in Wine Leadership Symposium and numerous Food & Wine Festivals across the nation; Food & Wine magazine's Sommelier of the Year 2014 (she is the only person to have received both the Restaurants of the Year & Sommelier of the Year accolade), Star Chef's Rising Star Sommelier 2012, Wine & Spirits Best New Sommelier 2011, TEXSOM Best Sommelier Winner 2009 and is one of 30 women in the Americas to earn the Master Sommelier credential.
An avid sparkling wine drinker and determined to find cause for celebration in day to day life, in 2017 she launched her private label wine, June's Brut Rosé.
Outside of her passion for restaurant operations and championing diversity and inclusion in the hospitality industry, June loves doing crossword puzzles with her husband, obsessing over her dog, admiring art, avoiding regular exercise, and laughing heartily with her friends.
Accolades in Bullet Points:
- Notable Personal Accolades
- 1 of 30 women Master Sommeliers in the world
- Wine Enthusiast’s Magazine Sommelier of the Year, 2018
- Food & Wine Magazine Sommelier of the Year, 2014
- Star Chef’s Rising Star Sommelier of the Year, 2012
- Wine & Spirits Magazine Best New Sommelier, 2011
- Winner of Texas’s Best Sommelier Competition, 2009
- Board of Directors, Southern Smoke Foundation
- Committee Member, Court of Master Sommeliers Americas Diversity Committee
- Speaker and Panelists for numerous festivals and events
- Aspen Food & Wine Festival
- Pebble Beach Food & Wine Festival
- Wall Street Journal The Future of Everything Festival
- James Beard Foundation Women Entrepreneurial Leadership Forum
Notable Accolades for Restaurant and Hospitality Locations:
- Bon Appetit Magazine’s Best New Restaurants in America 2022, MARCH Restaurant
- Robb Report & Vogue Magazine’s Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings 2022, The Marigold Club
- Esquire Magazine Best New Restaurants in America (No.6) 2021, MARCH Restaurant
- Robb Report Best New Restaurants in America (No.2) 2021, MARCH Restaurant
- James Beard Foundation Best Chef Texas semifinalist 2021, MARCH Restaurant
- James Beard Foundation Outstanding Wine Program semifinalist 2020, Rosie Cannonball
- CultureMap Houston Best New Restaurant (No.1), Rosie Cannonball
- Food & Wine Magazine Restaurant of the Year 2017, June’s All Day