This format is VERY different from how Wine Walk has been in the past. Let us share with you what you’ll find and how you will participate.
- Check-in will take place by the Market Street Concierge Booth. Please see the map attached. You’ll be welcomed with friendly smiles greeting you with face coverings and scanners in hand for your tickets. You’ll get your glass, wristband and map. The check-in staff will point you to the location where you will start your event experience.
- If you have a group of ticketed guests that you would like to move through the event with, please check-in at the same time. This will allow you all to enter the event at the same time and stay together.
- Each group will be directed to a different start location. There will be five “Wine Experience” rooms in vacant retail locations on Market Street. One room will be specifically for VIP Guests. Guest Groups will be directed to which location they will start in. Guests will move in ascending numerical order from one “Wine Experience” room to the next. Once you have finished all of the “Wine Experience” rooms, you may start the loop again if you like in the room in which you started.
- Once you enter a “Wine Experience” room, you will follow the signs from display to display in a rotation. Please stay with your group in the rotation and social distance from other groups and individuals. Directional ambassadors will help you understand where to go.
- Displays are spread very far apart inside the retail locations and outside Market Street. It won’t look the same as it has in the past where tent after tent were side-by-side. This is a great safety measure for all, but instead of 5,000 people, we’re capping the audience at 500.
COVID Safety Measures:
Wear face coverings when not eating and drinking. There will be some displays with artisan vendors and sponsors so that’s when you’ll put back on your mask.
All ticket holders must self-evaluate before coming to the event. Should they meet any of the following guidelines, they may not attend the event. Please contact us for ticket exchange details.
- Should a ticketed guest have a fever (>100.4 degrees), cough or shortness of breath
- Should a ticketed guest have been on a cruise or traveled internationally in the previous 14 days
- Should a ticketed guest have had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (in the prior 14 days) or are currently in close contact with someone who is showing signs of COVID-19
- Should a ticketed guest show symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days before the event even without a positive test